Although they may be the largest pipes in the plumbing network, sewers are still prone to experiencing issues after many years of labor. The biggest problem sewers face is getting clogged from too many foreign, non-dissolvable objects being dumped inside them. Let our techs at Howard Family Plumbing offer reliable sewer and jetting services in Mesa to save sewers fast.
Our team can be reached at (480) 300-3040, or you can contact us onlinefor prompt troubleshooting.
Signs That a Sewer Is Experiencing Troubles
No homeowner wants to be surprised by a sudden flood of sewage or backup. The best way to avoid this is by scheduling jetting services to clean out pipes. But how can homeowners tell when their sewers need support? Our experts have composed a list of indicators that it is time to reach out for help to avoid a sewage catastrophe.
There are several signs that a sewer is in trouble, including:
- The visible presence of leaking sewage
- Constant backup in tubs and toilets
- Bright green spots around the lawn
- Soggy patches in the backyard
- Multiple clogs in the drains and toilets
- A spike in the utility bill from water waste
In the past, many plumbers were only able to use a single technique of getting rid of clogs in a dirty sewer — utilizing a rooter or snake to clear out the blockage. The tactic of hydro-jetting works much differently, however. Rather than applying a sharp tool to poke out debris, plumbers take a large hose that has a special nozzle attached to it. This hose is used to blast fresh water through the pipes, angled in a way to clear out the gunk without harming the pipes. This stream of water runs for about 60 to 90 minutes until everything has been flushed out.
Although there are different ways to clear out a sewer, jetting services are helpful for several reasons. For one thing, this rapid service is more affordable since it does not require many hours of labor. There are plenty of other benefits as well.
Some other benefits of jetting include:
- The ability to completely scour the sewers’ walls, rather than just remove some debris
- The peace of mind of knowing that scum from mineral deposits and chemical cleansers will be totally gone
- Greater health, with mold, algae, and bacteria removed by jetting
- Hydro-jetting only takes about an hour
Find out more about the advantages of our sewer and jetting services in Mesa by getting in touch with our helpful experts.
Here at Howard Family Plumbing, our licensed professionals can answer any questions you have. Call us at (480) 300-3040 today.